Saturday, September 29, 2007

LOLjob

Two of my three jobs requires me to sit in front of a computer for an ungodly amount of time. I remember one day I had a 7 hour shift at the library and I told myself there was no possible way I'd surf the internet for that entire time--BUT I DID. I was blown away and completely ashamed, yet my bad habit of forgetting the books I'm reading at home is still going strong...

I am a child of social networking sites. As much as I'd like to rid myself of them, it'd be a shame to lose all those contacts. MySpace is busted and Facebook is good, but pretty much just a place to play games with your friends online instead of in person (anyone want to start a Scrabble or Bananagrams club?) Anyway, I've been noticing more and more of my friends (especially the ones who write) are starting their own blogs, meant to act as a serious space for exchanging ideas, free of Macy's giftcard spam and porn site propositions.

Before moving to the Midwest, I used to spend hours in my room writing away...poetry, mostly, song lyrics, and some short stories. Something about Kansas City and Lawrence dries me out creatively. I plan on moving to the big city at the end of next spring, and since making that decision the spark is starting to come back.

I officially declare this blog to be a place to share future writing, music finds, notes on art, interesting sites, must-read articles, ponderings, personal updates...but I won't limit myself: funny YouTube videos and LOLcats are allowed. I still have to kill time at work, afterall...

On that note, Happy Caturday!


























2 comments:

Nate Martin said...

You surfed the internet for seven hours because you forgot the book you were reading at home even though you worked at THE LIBRARY?

kid extraordinaire said...

Clarification: I work in the maps department in the basement of Anschutz. With a co-worker, I once found every city and township in the state of Kansas that had the same name as bigger and more famous counterpart. Wanna travel to Cairo with me sometime?