I used to be one of those "my resolution is to make no resolution" type of people, but over time I've come around to the idea of challenging myself throughout the year. Last year my resolution was to leave work at 5pm everyday (more like, just realize the work will still be there in the morning and there's no point in staying until 7, 8, sometimes 9 o'clock at work) and to get more serious about being healthy. Both resolutions turned out to be great for me and so this year I've got a whole slew of ideas.
I'm not into the idea of setting myself up for disaster...no use in setting the bar so high you'll feel guilty if you can't accomplish anything. These resolutions are just the right amount of challenging for me. I want to put them down somewhere so I can come back to it at the end of the year and see how I did.
DB's Resolutions 2011
1. Be vegan the entire month of January.
2. Get a physical.
3. Really figure out my finances, pay off that last credit card, and start saving more money.
4. Bring my lunch to work everyday instead of eating out so much.
5. Spend every Monday night doing something creative (this started last month, but it's a good resolution to try to keep it going throughout the entire year).
6. When I book travel, start keeping frequent flier miles. I never do this! Bad!
7. Write more letters to my friends.
8. Perform really well at my job, try to accomplish my bigger goals for the station.
Easy peasy...let's do this, 2011!

No comments:
Post a Comment