Well, now that we're up here together this has all changed. Fridays have become this glorious time to take off to the town and live it up together, no holds barred (we purchased sweets twice last night).

Last night at my new favorite-place-to-watch-a-movie-ever, the Music Box Theatre, we enjoyed the new Fatih Akin film, The Edge of Heaven. I've seen two of Akin's previous films, and I'd have to say this is his best yet. It was especially fun for me since I speak a little Turkish and was able to get more meaning out of the scenes when the characters would switch between speaking Turkish, German, and English.

Afterwards we met up with our beautifully pregnant pal, Emily, for dinner at Harmony Grill (attached to the venue Schuba's). After being immersed in Turkey for two hours, the pistachio chicken special sounded like the perfect meal and was. The only mistake we made was sitting outside...Harmony Grill is located right by obnoxious Wrigleyville (a neighborhood that's like a fraternity without a university) and all these drunk jerks on party trolleys would scream at us when they came by.
The night ended with a visit to Julius Meinl, a Viennese cafe that's open late and serves utterly decadent sweets and specialty coffee and teas. I had the banana hazelnut mousse and could have cried from joy; it was amazing.
Almost too pretty to eat... Almost.
Yes, Freaky Fridees are now Fun Fridees, but even better, they turn into...Sleep-in Saturdays!

1 comment:
update! chicag' more, then blog more
Post a Comment