
Living up here is amazing. I went from being a full time student with three jobs living on my own in a long-distance relationship to being a college graduate with one job living in a brand new town in a brand new apartment and finally being with my boyfriend (of going on two years) not only in person full-time but as my housemate.
My new job pays extremely well and is in radio like I wanted, not being in school anymore is a great feeling, our new apartment is huge and so charming, living with Dave is total bliss, and my new home base of Chicago is a thrill. There's so much to do here it's ridiculous. And it's all just a train, bus, or bike ride away! It's also just a car ride away, but with sights like this, I'm keeping my Camry in the garage most of the time:

Anyway, I've been to many neat places (Lincoln Park Zoo, Music Box Theatre, Chicago-Turkish Festival, Printer's Row Book Fair) and have eaten at some extremely tasty restaurants (heading out for Ethiopian cuisine in Uptown tonight!) With all of these local adventures happening nearly every day I've decided to mostly blog about them instead of all the goofy things I find on the internet (which I'm not on nearly as much anymore now that's there's so many reasons not to be glued to the computer). Send tips if you've got 'em! 

Turk at the Chicago-Turkish Festival, May 30th, 2008

3 comments:
yay! updates!
very happy to hear about your bustling chicago life. tips? hmm. oh wait--
IF YOU HAVE NOT GONE TO QUIMBY'S THEN GO TO QUIMBY'S PLEASE. please go to quimby's. also get hot dogs at max's near the art institute then eat them in the courtyard right by the museum. it's heart-enlarging.
annie h. <-- misses db
My very first time in Chicago I went to Quimby's. If they needed a store cat, I would suggest you in a plush tabby suit. Definitely a great place, and your kinda place at that.
Did my postcard make it down okay?
I'm so happy for you and Dave! How cool. Please update often on your adventures, and tell Dave I said "hi."
Post a Comment