Thursday, February 7, 2008

My First Caucus

When I arrived at my caucus location at the National Guard Armory at 200 N. Iowa around 6:20pm I got in line and waited with hundreds of other excited Democrats. It was cold and drizzling rain and the ground was soup.

Photobucket

I happened to run into our former KJHK General Manager Andy Dierks while waiting to get in. He was the only person I recognized there...most of my friends were attending the madness and mayhem at the Douglas County 4-H Fairgrounds, which was the caucus site for all the neighborhoods around the KU campus.

Photobucket

There were lots of kids there, which I think is great. I'm in my mid-20s and have never stepped foot inside any sort of primary or caucus...these kids were witnessing the process in between their coloring activities. Good for them.

Photobucket

There were impassioned Obama supporters taking up the majority of the space:

Photobucket

And dedicated Hillary fans in their own corner:

Photobucket

But, best of all, there was a KUCINICH TRAIN weaving in and out of everyone!

Photobucket

I made it through the madness!

Photobucket

Afterwards, I met up with my fellow OBAMA MAMAS for some Super Tuesday margaritas and watched the returns on the television in the restaurant:

Photobucket

Lastly, here's Melissa's brother, Chris, making his Ron Paul face:

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was at the caucus at the Fair Grounds. It was packed and I really enjoyed being there. I didn't participate though-but still wanted to check it out, being the political junkie that I am. Definitely quite the experience. I did see Melissa and here friend sittin' on the fence post with their Obama stickers.
Here's to Hillary losing it all.