Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Round 'o Onion

Haven't read anything off of The Onion in a while, but being that I'm bored at work, my internet clickings eventually brought me there today. Sometimes the titles of the articles alone are enough to induce non-stop chuckling:

Tennessee Helpless Against New Basement Tornadoes


Victim of Mall Shooting Determined Not To Die In Yankee Candle

Nation's Presidential Assassins Still Undecided

Bill Clinton: 'Screw It, I'm Running For President'


Kitchen-Floor Conflict Intensifies As Rival House Cats Claim Same Empty Bag

5 comments:

annie h. said...

i seriously hate that i'm going to school in a sleepy-eyed stupor. my parents are spending a lot of money and i'm spending a lot of LIFE being here, i wish i could be a little more invigorated about it. granted, a large part of school is comprised of bullshit, but there are some projects i really should be throwing myself into, yet i'm not. GARRRXXGHHH!
i heard about an art show for stop day eve? color me intrigued! (i think 'intrigued' is a robin's egg blue-ish color.)

Patrick said...

Did you hear the episode of This American Life a couple weeks ago about how The Onion's staff decides which headlines make it in? It was pretty fascinating/hilarious.

kid extraordinaire said...

I had to promote it all week on KCUR, but I didn't get a chance to listen. I'll have to check out the podcast when I have time.

Nate Martin said...

I saw this article the other week on The Onion and still probably think it's the funniest thing I've seen in 2008:

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/kobayashi_retires_from_eating

Nate Martin said...

Okay, if that link doesn't work the story is called "Kobayashi Retires from Eating." You know how search engines work.