Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Ultimate Baking Project: Root Beer Float Cupcakes!!



I haven't attempted making these cupcakes yet, but by golly, the next time I have a good excuse to, I'm making them. I found this recipe at Yum Sugar; click it to get the full directions. It's not that hard a recipe...I mean, Jesus Christ, look at the outcome. It's enough to motivate anyone into trying them out.

Here's what you'll need:

Cupcake Ingredients

1 cup root beer schnapps
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned style root beer (like A&W or Dads)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups dark brown sugar
1 cup butter
2 eggs
3 cups all purpose flour
1 Tbs. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt


Root Beer Glaze

4 cups confectioners sugar
1/3 cup root beer
3 Tbs. root beer schnapps
3 Tbs. vegetable oil

Anyone want to have a pot luck any time soon?

1 comment:

laura said...

that looks delicious. i'm in for potluck.