
I've been threatening this for a long time now and finally the day has come. I'm chopping off all my hair this evening at 5pm. I got an appointment at the very highly recommended Sine Qua Non Salon in Lincoln Park and apparently the stylist I'm seeing was voted as In Style Magazine's top Chicago stylist. So I should be in good hands.
I've been growing my hair out for two years now but it's just become completely knotted and unmanageable. Plus, I feel that I'm more of a short-haired personality now. I've grown up, graduated from college, moved to the big city...just like in the 1920s, when you're no longer a leetle girl, off with the hair!
Of course the "Katie" is really popular right now and I have a square face like she does, but my sister claims my hair is way too poofy to pull that one off (she's probably right). There's also Audrey Tautou's cutie-pie 'dos (and I'm not talking Amelie). But, you know, it's so hard to just see the hair cut and not think, "If I make my hair look like this, then my face will transform and look as purty as hers too!"
Anyway, it's summer. Who wants a tangled hot mess on top of their noggin right now? Not I! Wish me luck! Will post pics tomorrow if it turns out well!

ze Katie?

or ze Audrey?

No comments:
Post a Comment