Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Housewarming Party That Will Eventually Happen

A few days from now will mark my 2nd full month living in Chicago, and thus Dave and I's 2nd full month living in our apartment and we stiiiillllllllll haven't had our housewarming party yet.  Why?

This is why:



No back porch.  Who wants to go to a party in the summertime with no back porch?   They tore it down in May (top right is our kitchen door) and said 1-2 weeks tops to rebuild the new one.  I doubt we'll even get to enjoy the new porch at all this summer...it wouldn't surprise me if they finished up this fall.  They only come to work on it once a week, if that.

Anyway, on a more positive note, I'm going through a hardcore 90s dance phase/Genesis phase and so when we DO have our housewarming party, I plan to end the night dancing with our friends to a set list mostly comprised of these songs.  In addition to purchasing Genesis's INVISIBLE TOUCH on vinyl, I went on an iTunes downloading spree yesterday.  Here's what I got so far:

"I Got a Man" by Positive K
"Show Me Love" by Robin S.
"I've Been Thinking About You" by Londonbeat
"Touch Me (All Night Long)" by Cathy Dennis
"Finally" by Ce Ce Peniston
"Regulate" by Warren G & Nate Dogg
"Tell It To My Heart" by Taylor Dayne

On my next spree, I plan on downloading this:

1 comment:

annie h. said...

<3 "Show Me Love" by Robin S. <3
and i love that you picked out that one panel out of all of the comics up in that post-- that is my singlemost favorite panel of them all! it makes me laugh/smile every time, and it is so great to hear that you noticed its amazingness as well. we are cats-rolling-in-the-dirt-as-illustrated-hilariously-by-john-porcellino sisters.
miss you! what's the newness in chicaggg?