Thursday, July 3, 2008

Jasmine!

Jasmine and me, 1986-ish

My little sister Jasmine and her boyfriend Mike are going to be here at 1pm today!  She just landed her first real job post-college and is spending her last weekend of freedom with us in Chicago (her first time up here).  

She's going to be working for one of the bigger pharmaceutical companies in the U.S. and it turns out her training will be in Arizona and she has to fly out there at 8pm Sunday night!  And, er, she arrives back home in Houston from Chicago at 4pm Sunday afternoon!  She bought the tickets to Chicago before finding out about this Arizona thing.  My dad was in Europe at the time but had he been stateside she totally would have called him for advice and he totally would have talked her out of coming to Chicago all together (which is silly, but us Bascis always play it safe).  Last night my dad and I chatted on the phone and when he found out about this 4pm/8pm thing he sent an e-mail out to both of us saying Jasmine should just fly back home on Saturday.  She's not going to, but both of us are now in freak out mode about Sunday.  What if she doesn't make it back in time to catch her flight to Arizona?  Why is it that parents are always able to induce panic in strategic ways?

Anyway, it turns out that there are limited openings at the Houston location for this new job, so after training there is a slight possibility she might have to work in her second choice city...which is:  CHICAGO!  So this trip is kinda important.  I can't even imagine living in the same town as my sister again!  I'm pretty excited about this possibility but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Anyway, here is our itinerary for today.  Yes, I made one, like a crazy person.  And I wrote it on a restaurant check thingy which is cool in my book and consequently cancels out the crazy.



Thanks, Melissa, for yoinking me a pad of GuestChecks from Genovese or Jo Schmo's, can't remember which.

No comments: